CM/ECF Filing Accounts

On August 26,2019, the United States Court of Federal Claims will go live on the next generation of the national case management and electronic case filing system, NextGen CM/ECF.  This upgrade will provide users with several benefits including Central Sign-On:the ability for e-filing attonreys to access any NextGen court in which they practice using one login and password.  To access the upgraded system, you MUST have your own individual PACER account.  E-filing attorneys will no longer be able to use shared PACER accounts. Please click here for more informaton on Registering for a New PACER Account Upgrading Your PACER Account, Attorney Admissions, and Registering to E-File in the United States Court of Federal Claims.

Checklist to Register:

  • Must be an attorney who is a member of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims Bar.
  • Submit a registration form by filling out our online form.

Click here to go to the online Registration Form.

Both conditions must be satisfied, in no particular order, within a 30 day period.

Some FAQ about accounts:

Q: How long does it take to get a CM/ECF account?

A: Once you satisfy the three requirements above, your account will be e-mailed to you within one business day. If you need your account right away to file a document, please call us at 866-784-6273 (toll free) or 202-357-6402 (local) (between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. EST) and we will try to expedite the process.

Q: Can I use my CM/ECF account from another court?

A: No, each court maintains its own CM/ECF system and procedures. You must obtain a CM/ECF account for each court with which you will electronically file.

Q: I have an account but I forgot my password. What do I do?

A: Call us at 866-784-6273 (toll free) or 202-357-6402 (local) (between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. EST) and we will e-mail you a new password right away. We will only send passwords to the primary address on the account and we will never give passwords over the phone.

* Please note that you must obtain a PACER account for viewing reports and documents. A CM/ECF account will only allow you to file documents. The court does not manage PACER accounts. You must contact the PACER Service Center directly.